Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mini-NaNo: A Bit of a Failure

This is one of those moments that reminds me what I'm not being graded on my ability to complete NaNoWriMo. Not only is it really hard to write during college, but it is almost impossible to get back on track once you've fallen off.

Mini-NaNo got to be about ten thousand words. This was less than half of my total word count. Which, overall, isn't the worst showing I've ever done. (I once got 3k into NaNo and just stopped for the rest of the month. Depressing, no?) The story itself still interests me, and I will definitely continue writing it once I'm done with all this (or maybe, I'll cheat and finish it for November NaNo).

Right now, I have three time to write up an outline for NaNo. I will still be asking for input from my possibly existent readers and definitely existent friends. Actually, I'm going to ask for it right now.

Should I continue my mini-NaNo, therein flouting all the "rules" of NaNoWriMo? Or should I start outlining furiously so I can attempt to maybe for once actually win this dastardly contest with myself? How lazy should I be, ladies and gentlefolk?

No comments:

Post a Comment