Thursday, November 8, 2012

NaNoWriMo: Week 1

Technically, week one was the last three days of last week. But that just seems silly. So today is my update for week one!

I am writing an epic fantasy based on an outline I started a while back, because I didn't think of a fresh idea for this NaNo. It involves 5 stories with multiple viewpoint characters that come together at the end because of a coronation. We follow Aniela Morningstar, a young girl convinced that she is the daughter of gods, sent to spread their word throughout the empire; Alec the Otter, a boy chosen to be the next emperor because he might have been distantly related to the mythological Xander the Bear; Lucia Greystone, commander of the guards of the capital of Seasmeet, on a mission to find her mentor's lost daughter; Lady Rho, the leader of the Wolf Maidens with a horrible genetic disease who must steal men from surrounding areas to reproduce; and the High Lord of the Fingers, who plans to rise up against the empire to return to self-rule, once he can overcome the might of the Wolf Maidens to the south.

It's a pretty complicated plot, now that I'm trying to write it down for you all. Basically, its the tragedy of greatness that I'm writing about- the tragedy of the Xander line, the tragedy of the Seasmeet commanders, the tragedy of the Alpha and the tragedy of the Lords. All of these tragedies are tied tightly to the fate of the Xandrian empire. I was not planning on putting up the text, but if my non-existent readers were interested in the text, I would.

I am almost entirely caught up. I wrote 4159 words today, in a time span of about three hours. I'm in a really great mood about this project, and am sure hoping that it carries through the rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment